Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Progress Update

Walls continue to rise at a manageable pace. Wall build time so far is 11 half days using 67 batches of cob.


It is clear where the larger of the three front windows will be. There will be a shorter and narrower window on each side of the large window.


 Time to start adding electrical boxes.


Not even electrifying the building was considered. Ziggy bypassed electricity in his cob house and didn't miss it. The computer swung the vote in favor of electricity. Electric service will be a branch circuit from another building or a tiny solar installation.

Inside looking out toward the south.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's going up fast! You must be so pleased....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very pleased. The progress does not appear fast to me at all, maybe because I work on every minor detail. But I am enjoying the process very much, perhaps more than anything else I have ever done. And when it's done I'll have a completely chemical free house with thermal advantages.

      Delete